BOSTITCH FN1664K 16-Gauge Straight Finish Nailer Review: Tough Enough for Any Finish Woodwork
You can drive 16-gauge straight finish nails from 1-1/4″ to 2-1/2″ in length. Covered by seven-year manufacturer’s warranty. Comes complete with 1/4″ swivel fitting, 1000 2″ finish nails, 4 non-marring tips, rugged carrying case, hex wrenches and belt hook.
NailgunGuide July 10, 2019
he Bottom Line: Get your carpentry finish work done quickly and efficiently with this 16 ga finish nailer kit. Rear trip design for precise fastener placement and selectable trigger system allow easy conversion between sequential or contact firing modes. Durable magnesium body and oil-free design means low maintenance.
Jump to: Full Review
Oil-free engine with Trigger lockout mode is an excellent choice for fastening crown molding, door jams, cabinetry, staircases, and all woodworking applications
70 – 120 PSI
16-gauge straight finish nails from 1-1/4 in. to 2-1/2 in.
7-Year ManufacturerÔÇÖs warranty
Pros & Cons
- Magnesium housing makes the gun so light, it’s nice and easy to handle
- Sequential and contact trigger system with Dial-A-DepthÔäó control for precise countersinking
- Ultra-quiet rear exhaust directs air away from the user and filters the air inlet. It dampens the sound of the nailer so when you’re working in tight quarters like inside a cabinet or inside a closet, it’s really a lot quieter
- Low nail lockout prevents dry firing
- Quick release nosepiece is really easy to open and clear jams
- Bottom loading magazine is not very user friendly, you have to work the nail past slider to get them in and out which is a real hassle when you’re trying to change sizes in the middle of working and also if you have short clips and nails, it’s a hassle to work them back past the stop to get them into the gun
- Occasional nail jam
Compare to Other Finish Nailer
If you are looking for a finish nailer that is great for crown molding, baseboards, cabinets, chair rails, wood furniture, decorative trim, millwork, caskets, hardwood flooring, furniture and paneling then the Bostitch FN1664K could be a good choice among pneumatic 16-gauge straight finish nailer.
For a reasonable priced pneumatic finish nailer, it offers excellent features you normally expect in a premium product which includes an oil-free design for little or no maintenance, selectable trigger system for sequential and contact operation, low nail lockout to prevent dry firing, ultra-quiet rear exhaust, durable lightweight magnesium frame, and quick release nosepiece for fast and easy jam clearing.
This 16-gauge straight finish nailer from Bostitch has a tough new industrial design that shows this tool is built to last. Its spacious magazine can hold upto 100 16GA straight finish nails from 3/4 In. to 2-1/2 In. and can be used for any finish and trim job. Bostitch oil-free design requires no maintenance and prevents stains on work surfaces, while the swivel air fitting with filtered air inlet increases maneuverability and improves engine durability. Dual firing system allows for easy conversion between sequential or contact modes. The FN1664K also features a dial-a-depth control for countersinking adjustments. Additionally it is fitted with a low nail lockout that prevents dry fire and alerts the user when it’s time to reload. You will really like the tool-free jam release system of this nailer and the reversible belt hook with integrated pencil sharpener that allows for ultimate convenience on the job site. Bostitch is also generous to include a number of handy accessories with the Nailer. 4 profile tips, hex wrench, belt hook, finish nails, and durable carrying case.
Overall, FN1664K 16-Gauge Finish Nailer from Bostitch offers practical features that we expect in a good finish nailer. Compared to other finish nailer it also offer better after sales service in the form of seven-year manufacturer’s warranty which I think seal the deal.